Now that it is officially summer, do you have any books you really want to read? Or, are there any books that you enjoy reading over and over my personal favorite is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom)? How many of these books do you read with your grandchild/grandchildren?
Here are my favorites:
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- The Three Little Dassies by Jan Brett
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- The Rainbow Fish Series by Marcus Pfister and J. Alison James
- Stellaluna by Jannell Cannon
Susan Dove Lempke, a writer for Niles Patch came out with a list of fun summer books for children, parents, and grandparents to read together. Here is her list:
- It’s Vacation Time by Lerryn Korda
- Hooray for Summer by Kazuo Iwamura
- The Longest Day by Wendy Pfeffer
- A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever by Marla Frazee
- All the World by Liz Garton Scanlon
For more of Lempke’s article, follow this link.